So, it was summer 2017 . . . and I had this random idea pop into my head, suggesting I put together a poetry collection to raise money for charity. (Eventually I would decide our charity would be MAKE A WISH, as the Leeds Author Event is raising money for this charity.)
In September I started gathering poems to go in the book. Now, 28 authors later and we’re finally here . . . PUBLICATION.
You can read poems by some of your favourite authors including Anna-Maria Athanasiou, KA Hobbs, Claire C Riley, Audrina Lane, Lisa Hobman, ES Carter, Charlotte Hart, Andie M. Long, Eleanor Lloyd-Jones and many more. Some of our authors are published for the first time through this publication and are very excited and nervous to discover how it is received.
However, I am so happy with how this book has been received so far. In fact, I am thrilled. From small acorns and all that.
You can help support our fundraising efforts by one-clicking “Poems to My Younger Self” on Amazon.
OR, I will be selling this book in person at the Leeds Author Event on March 3rd, 2018 and you can pre-order your copy here (for pick up in Leeds only): CLICK HERE
I have no doubt this will be a roaring success and it’s been wonderful to organise something like this again, with such a supportive bunch of people!
Our list of contributing authors:
Linda M. Crate
Andie M. Long
Lisa J Hobman
Sharena Lee Satti
Claire C. Riley
Charlotte E Hart
Sarah Michelle Lynch
Every single author has brought it for this project and I’d just like to say thank-you to them all for really getting what I wanted from them. I’m so happy with this book, and I think you will be, too.
ALL PROCEEDS of this book are going to MAKE A WISH, a charity granting wishes to terminally ill children. One of our own writers, KA Hobbs told me her sister was granted a wish before she died and it meant everything to her sister and their family. This is such a special charity and we hope this book provides hope but also a generous donation, too.
If you would like a review copy, please visit THIS FORM and fill out your details. Review copies will be sent in the form of a Kindle book – but please note – “Poems To My Younger Self” will only go on sale in paperback. Poetry needs to be read on the page. It’s so much more powerful that way.
The paperback will be available to buy from Amazon on February 20th but I’ll also be selling this in person at the Leeds Author Event on March 3rd, 2018. Many of the contributing authors will be in attendance that day. I’ll let you know how you can pre-order your copies for this event beforehand.
More details are to come… and I’ll be posting snippets of everyone’s poems on my Instagram account in the run-up to publication, so do not miss out!
Can you ably sling words together? Well then, I need your poems to create an anthology which will raise money for the MAKE A WISH foundation, a charity which seeks to make the dreams of terminally ill children come true! I’ll be selling this book at the LEEDS 2018 book signing and making your words available on AMAZON, too.
- I am looking for poems that are 100+ words long (no upper limit)
- Your poem needs to be on the theme “Poems To My Younger Self” but you can title your poem as you like.
- Your poem needs to be emailed to me by NOVEMBER 30th, 2017 at the latest. Sorry, but no late entries. Please send your words via email to email@example.com – but if you receive no response at all, it’s likely you’ve gone to spam. In this case, please just drop me a quick message on my FB page @SarahMLynch
- You don’t need to have loads of accolades or any poetic experience at all (even) to enter for a chance to be part of this anthology. Just write from the heart is all I ask!
- I will take no monetary reward whatsoever for putting together this book. It’s all off my own back, it’s all for a good cause.
- You don’t need to be attending the book signing (or be a signing author) to put forth your entry. I welcome entries from the US and beyond.
- I’m asking for previously unpublished words. It would be nice if the first time people read your poem is in our book.
For full details, visit my dedicated page: https://sarahmichellelynch.com/poetry-project/
I look forward to reading everyone’s words.
Long time no speak.
This is just a short broadcast about an upcoming project of mine.
Basically, I am looking for poems above the 100 word mark. They must (sort of) be in line with the theme “Poems to My Younger Self”.
Please visit my dedicated page on this site: sarahmichellelynch.com/poetry-project for all the details. You’ll find everything you need to know right there and hopefully, most of it covers all the questions you may have!!
This is all for charity. So please consider contributing if you are indeed a poet or budding poet, even!