This will be the fourth charity book I’ve organised and I’m excited to see what people have got for me this time! If you are interested in submitting poetry for this new project, here is what you need to know:
- I’ll be providing authors with an image to work from; this image will also provide the basis for the book cover.
- Your poem can be as long or as short as you like; on any theme you like, with any language or as far out as you can possibly imagine. I only ask that your poem reflects the mood/tone of the image in some way shape or form.
- If you are interested in participating, please ask to join my new FB group dedicated to this project: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2201342126788394/ – if you later decide the project isn’t for you, I won’t be offended.
- In the aforementioned group, I will be providing a copy of the cover image asap so you can get to work. If you’d like me to email it instead, please let me know: email@example.com
- Deadline to submit poems is January 31st – please, please let me know in good time if you want to submit but think you may miss this deadline.
- Title of this project TBC.
- Release date TBC.
- This book will be released in ebook first, for Kindles. (paperbacks at a later date)
- There are a few charities I support, so depending on the profits made, I may split them between a couple (or three, you never know!).
- YOU MUST submit your poem in a Word document. I receive no end of submissions that have been pasted into an email and the formatting is a nightmare. WORD DOCUMENT PLEASE!
- Your poetry must be proofread – I simply don’t have time to edit everyone’s poetry.
- SUBMITTING your work does not guarantee being included in the anthology. I’m not a harsh critic, but I do expect people to put their hearts into what they send me.
If I seem rather demanding, it’s because I am an exceptionally busy lady! LOLs…. (please note: I not only do this to raise money for charity, but also to showcase authors, too).
If you have any questions at all, ping me an email or a message to my FB page.
Thanks, and happy writing…